The easibirthing® story...
It is my pleasure to welcome you to the easibirthing® world. My name is Sharon Mustard and as the founder and director, this has been my passion and a labour of love for many years! As a psychotherapist and hypnotherapist based in Salisbury in the UK, I have enjoyed the privilege of supporting women and men in their journey from conception to parenthood for over 25 years. However we have also been children ourselves and so our work can also be about helping adult clients make sense of their own history, also experiences on the receiving end of parenting and experiences as a child. I also train therapists and other professionals across the world to use the easibirthing® and parenting methods with their own clients.
Growing up as the daughter of pig farmer, witnessing birthing animals, I never dreamed that my fascination with watching the majesty of birth on a daily basis would transform into a passion I would intertwine with my psychotherapy and hypnotherapy practice years later...helping clients across the globe and professionals to specialise in this area within their own practice!
Today easibirthing® and parenting specialises in supporting clients in their journey to parenthood from support with:
· fertility issues and the proven psychological element involved in conceiving for both men and women
· pregnancy including techniques to relieve everything from morning sickness to antenatal depression and anxiety, through to tokophobia-a fear of pregnancy and birth-sadly often related to portrayal in today’s society.
· Undisputedly, becoming a parent to a new baby can be a wonderful time. Having a positive birth experience is the key to unlock the adjustment to this new part of your identity that didn’t exist before.
· With our hypnobirthing courses we help to prepare your mind and body for the bridge to parenthood, for it to be a positive experience regardless of the mode of delivery OR potential deviations from birth plans.
· At my therapy practice, sadly sometimes I meet clients who have suffered birth trauma, but we can work preventatively and reactively to help you process what has happened and to bounce forward for the future with your child, or towards the possibility of more birth experiences in the future.
· We help with the emotional rollercoaster that can be early parenting and adapting to the new and ever-changing relationship with your child, your partner and your entire support network.
· easibirthing® is a UK based model which was developed in conjunction with midwives and therefore complements current birthing and parenting practices. It is designed as a flexible approach to adapt to to your individual circumstances and to empower you to manage whatever course your or your clients' parenting experience takes.
· easibirthing® receives nhs funding and is practiced across the world due to the empirical evidence base.
· easibirthing® is a registered trademark and therefore any practitioner using this trademark has been fully trained and qualified-reassuring you as a client or practitioner.